In general CMake ≥ 3.14 is strongly recommended in general for more robust and easy syntax.
This will get you the latest release of CMake. For Linux and Mac, admin/sudo is NOT required.
- Linux: Download/build/install Cmake 3 using cmake_setup.py
brew install cmakeor use .dmg
- Windows: use Windows win64-x64 installer
There is an unoffical PyPi CMake package. It’s not always up to the latest release, but is an alternative:
pip install cmake
CMake major versions
- 3.16: Precompiled headers, unity builds, many advanced project features
CMAKE_GENERATORenvironment variable works like
ctest --progress, better Matlab compiler support, lots of new linking options, fixes to Fortran
cmake -B buildincantation
- 3.12: transitive library specification (out of same directory), full Fortran Submodule support
- 3.11: specify targets initially w/o sources
- 3.10: added Fortran Flang (LLVM) compiler, extensive MPI features added
- 3.9: further C# and Cuda support originally added in CMake 3.8.
- 3.8: Initial Cuda support
- 3.7: comparing ≤ ≥ , initial Fortran submodule support
- 3.6: better OpenBLAS support
- 3.5: Enhanced
FindBoosttarget with auto Boost prereqs
- 3.4: Limit CPU usage when using
ctest -jparallel tests
- 3.3: List operations such as