One day, I suddenly couldn’t SSHFS mount via the head end server from any computer via VPN, or even back in the office (LAN).
- could not ssh into the main head end server
- could ssh into the individual cluster units.
- could not sshfs mount from those cluster units
- could see my files via ssh.
- using a Windows guest virtual machine, I was able to mount the windows side of the network share (that I can typically always mount via sshfs)
- I could sftp and scp from one of the cluster nodes (not the head end node, since I couldn’t get in via ssh).
Probably a weird, incorrect workaround–but it got me my badly needed files in a pinch.